I apologize for not blogging more often, it’s been a really really crazy and busy few months! With the upcoming summer, I hope to be a little less busy, so I’ll try my best to blog more!! 😛
I’ve mentioned in a few posts here and there that I’ve been going to Dubai for some quick weekend trips, once for my birthday, another time to see Usher, and a few other times just to see friends. I thought I would post some highlights from all my Dubai trips, and give some tips on where to go if you ever find yourself in Dubai (much more likely than finding yourself in Doha)! 😛
1. Friday boozy brunches are quite popular in Dubai, and I think we’ve stumbled upon the best one! It’s at Spectrum on One at the Fairmont Hotel. This is a fantastic brunch with so many food options! Everything from sushi, dim sum, all you eat king crab legs, fresh crepes, a cheese room, mojito bar, martini bar, carving station, schwarma/mixed grill station, tons of desserts and teppenyaki made fresh! I am sure I am forgetting things, but it’s a fantastic brunch, and the prices vary depending on what you want to drink. It’s definitely worth a try at least once! And definitely call ahead for reservations.
Here’s us at brunch for my friend Rena’s birthday!
2. Burj Khalifa – This is a super touristy thing to do, but if you’re going to be in Dubai, it’s worth it to do it so you can say you did it! I’ve done it twice now, and will do it again if other visitors come to Doha, and we hop over to Dubai. The elevator ride is fun, and there is an observation deck that you can overlook all of Dubai. It’s not too scary (or at least I didn’t think so), and it was neat to see it from the top! Again, book tickets in advance online if you decide to go!
Me at the top of Burj Khalifa! (Well the 125th floor at least)!
3. Barasti Beach – This is one of my favorite spots in Dubai! It’s a place where you can relax, hang out on the beach in the sand, enjoy some drinks and shisha with friends in a low-key, non club setting. It’s the kind of place I wish Doha had!
4. Souq Madinat – This is a mall designed to look like a souq, but mainly with your regular mall stores in it. There’s a Starbucks, Cinnabon, and Baskin Robbins along with lots of other shops to browse around. There are also lots of restaurants, and since it’s attached to a resort, they sell alcohol. We prefer Trader Vic’s for good food and drinks.
5. On our most recent trip, we spent time at the Dubai Creek, and really loved it! It’s the older part of Dubai, and it has a lot of culture. We went to the gold souq, spice souq, and rode an Abra across the creek for 1 dirham. We had a blast!
Riding an abra across the creek!
These are just some highlights of fun things to do while in Dubai! If you are really going, and need suggestions on hotels and other touristy stuff, let me know, and I’ll be happy to recommend more things you can do while you’re there! 🙂